First bottling done!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimster

Reaction score
Munton's Nut Brown Ale premix can
1 lb Dark DME
1 lb Corn Sugar
1.046 at 78F and 5 US Gallons
Pitched the yeast in when it was around 84F
Put the lid on and put it in the basement on 12/31/09
FG was 1.012 making an ABV of around 4.8%

Just bottled it, I used a variety of bottles to see what I like best. Frankly I'm leaning towards the .5 liter PET bottles. The caps are reusable, I can take them to the swim club which bans glass bottles, if I drop them they don't break.

I ended up with 1 6L T-a-D bottle, 4 1L PET, 4 .5L PET, 4 22oz glass and 7 12 oz glass, and now, pictures!

DSCF7164.sized.jpg

DSCF7158.sized.jpg

DSCF7162.sized.jpg

Tomorrow I'll refill the fermenter with something new, I have a Coopers or Muntons Bock kit and a Northernbrewer American Wheat extract kit.

If you thought waiting for it in the fermenter was hard... ...now it's in the bottle, calling for you... ...can you hear it... ...Grimster... ...taste me...

I'm actually on a pretty hardcore diet for a couple of months (15 pounds gone since new years) and beer/carbs is not allowed at all so I'm not as tempted as I might be otherwise right now.

Good on ya, here's to many more lbs lost and none coming back!

OT but I went on a diet in Feb of last year and lost 37lbs in 3 months. Check out http://www.dietdocohio.com/, I know the guy personally and man does he know his stuff!

P.S. The hardest part of the diet was limiting myself to 2 beers a week.

Grats on the brew!

Looks fantastic and sounds awesome.

I'm glad I see someone using the plastic. I don't see a lot of people use it. It seems to make sense that you do for the whole swim club thing.

The bottling is the hardest part. It is done, but not done, so its hard not to want to drink it.

Good luck. Keep us up to date on what you are brewing next!

Back