First beer attempt....FestaBrew Wort Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REPO

Reaction score
So my first beer was a FestaBrew wort kit. It's all complete, you don't even need to add water. Anyway, I was super cautious, followed the directions closely, etc. it appeared it was turning out great. Very clear, tasted good when bottling, etc. I bottled this 2 weeks ago. I used a full cup of dextrose as per the instructions. I opened one tonight to see how it's coming. Aweful. 😠. There is absolutely NO carbonation at all. Nice and clear, tastes like beer, just flat.

Any ideas?

How did you add sugar? A little to each bottle or a larger amount to the entire batch, then bottle?

What temp have the bottles been stored at?

What kind of bottles? Glass with crimp-on crowns or plastic with screw-on?

I'd say it just needs more time. Two weeks isn't very long.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

How did you add sugar? A little to each bottle or a larger amount to the entire batch, then bottle?

What temp have the bottles been stored at?

What kind of bottles? Glass with crimp-on crowns or plastic with screw-on?

As per the instructions, I added 1 cup if dextrose to 2 cups of boiled water. I gently mixed it into the beer, stirring quite a bit, but not splashing. I then used my auto siphon to fill the sterilized bottles. My bottles are the Grolsch ones. The bottles have been sitting in my basement.....probably 17 degrees or so......

My math says 17 is about 62f. In that case, you are a little on the cool side. Warming up 4-5 degrees would help. They will carb at that temperature, but not quickly enough for me. If you've got a warmer spot, I'd move them.

Latest posts

Back