First batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back2Brew

Reaction score
I’m new to the world of booch. Mine is 14 days into its first ferment and I’ll prob taste test it this weekend. The Scoby looks like it could use a lil more time to form. It’s been a cooler than usual winter in Florida this year so my temps have been between 68-74...

I think my scoby looks ok but some reassurance from y’all would be great.

Also, I see most people secondary in bottles but is there a disadvantage to doing secondary in a gallon jar and then bottling? Do you lose the chance of carbonation at that point? It just seems easier to flavor and strain the whole gallon at once rather each bottle...

Thanks for the help and I look forward to keeping this Kombucha thing rolling!

IMG_1682.jpg

Does anyone batch ferment for secondary or does everyone use bottles for that? Thanks.

I think I've read that some flavor in a batch after first ferment is finished, then move to bottles. I may try this approach for dry hopping.

I think I've read that some flavor in a batch after first ferment is finished, then move to bottles. I may try this approach for dry hopping.

I’ve seen a few posts about dry hopping. Sounds interesting. Report back!

Back