First Batch - straight to Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakubica

Reaction score
So as I am new to this I have been neck deep in research, reading, friends that brew at all different levels as well. I have decided to forgo the whole bottling experience at this time due to the recommendations I have read here as well as friends who keep preaching that it is such a hassle. Am I giving in - maybe a little, however I think it will all work out.

Thoughts??

Kegging sure is easy, as soon as you get past finding all the leaks, and serving issues due to line length, pressure and temp. With that being said, I still bottle some beers and bottle some from the keg.

I bottled one batch before I started kegging and I have no regrets. Kegging can be a hassle and present some challenges if you jump into it uninformed, but if you do your research beforehand you can avoid most or all the usual pitfalls and have a positive experience.

With the help of my LHBS I decided to forego bottling and go straight to kegging. I just racked my first brew into a keg yesterday and am carbing. Super simple. Plus I got a beer gun to bottle a few from every batch as well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Home Brew mobile app

Back