First Batch going great fingers crossed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunner65

Reaction score
Well I just wanted to pop in here and say thanks to all those that posted their issues and all of those that gave advice. I read many posts and the "Joy of Homebrewing". I started last night with Brewers Best Witbier kit and 3 hours later I was pitching yeast and sealing up the carboy. The kit was great and easy to follow. I started my dry yeast before I pitched it about 10 minutes in 100F water then into the carboy. This morning it was bubbling away and the aroma is sweet too. I am so stoked to try my first homebrew in a few weeks.:ban::mug:

Start another batch now! You'll have gotten through the bulk of your first one and realize that you should have done another one earlier.

Grats on your first batch! I used that same kit for my third brew, and I'm curious what you think of the final product. Of course that's kind of far away at the moment, heh.

Chudz, My wife loves shocktop and I picked this for her benefit. I really dont LOVE wit but it got her on board and she even helped out and I think she is getting excited about it too. My next beer will more than likely be an Irish Stout or an IPA.

What did you think about it?

To preface this, mine was an older kit, so that could have something to do with the result. But I wasn't too fond of the spice note in it. It seemed rather blunt is the only way I can think of putting it. It definitely wasn't as hoppy as Shocktop, which I enjoyed when I had it.

Back