First almost blow-out ! Haha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creepersale

Reaction score
Brewed a st. Paul porter. Sunday fermentation started late last night, really going when I got home from work. About 6 just got done with it I bit ago and had some yeast sediment in my air lock. Wint beer. And lid of bucket was bulging lol. So took out air lock and de-gases and put new air lock in. So I guess it's just a sign of a good fermentation ? First Brew above 1.050 !

Blow off tube!

I start all my brews with a blowoff tube installed.

Unless you like cleaning krausen off your ceiling!;)

Sounds like you will have a tasty Porter in a few weeks.

Lol. I hope. I have Hightower hopes for this porter. What size tubing will fit in my lid ? All standard ? Thought about it before this brew but thought I would chance. Lol :)

Just take your airlock apart and put a tube on it. Make sure there's no + sign in the opening of the airlock and if there is cut it off. I have blow off with almost all of my beers and have never had a problem with a tube attached to an airlock.

kh54s10 said:
blow off tube!

I start all my brews with a blowoff tube installed.

Unless you like cleaning krausen off your ceiling!;)

sounds like you will have a tasty porter in a few weeks.

+1

Been busy. But was going to let u know I want through another quickly so. I did some rummaging around my old mini auto siphon with the tubing. And the tubing fit perfect vary snug , in the drilled hole in fermenter and other end in left over star-San. Will use this from now on lol. Didn't even think anything I had would have worked. Just goes to show find something and experiment. Cheers everyone !!

Latest posts

Back