First all grain brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwolfe04

Reaction score
So I did my first all grain brew and was so excited how it turned out I had to post about it. It was an American pale ale clone of a local breweries beer called stumpknocker. This was also my first time clearing a beer with gelatin and I'm starting to wonder why I haven't done this months ago. My only complaint is I missed my FG by quite a bit. I think I'm gonna try a starter on my next batch and see how that helps. Here's a pic let me know what y'all think. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393726987.327905.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nice looking beer, I just kegged my first gelatin fined beer today (a blonde lager) and I too was amazed at how clear it is. I actually lost some beer because I was watching the siphon hose waiting for the star san to pass and the beer to start, and didn't realize that what was flowing was the beer already. I'm for sure a gelatin convert.

I feel like I should have used gelatin from day 1. That beer is so clear. It looks good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Congrats on the first AG! I just did my second AG batch yesterday. I might have to think about the gelatin thing.

Back