First all-grain and BIAB done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj1angier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just finished up doing my first BIAB. I did a IRA ( Irish Red Ale) that I got from Northern Brewing http://www.northernbrewer.com/irish-red-ale-biab-recipe-kit. They had BIAB recipes for 3 gal so I got 2 to make a keg full plus a few bottles to put back.

Everything went real good, so good I am scared it will muck up in the ferment, lol I used my kettle and steamer basket with a bag I made from Walmart curtains. I picked up a grain roller local and crushed my own grain. I brew out my basement garage door and was able to rig up a lift pulley, which I am glad I did!

I have a big plastic trough that I use for clean up. I just toss everything and use hot water coming out of the wort chiller to fill it up
A few photos:

pully BIAB.jpg

mash.jpg

chiller cleaner.jpg

You do know that any AG kit can be done as BIAB, right? There is nothing different with those NB BIAB kits from an AG kit besides being 3 gallon vs 5 gallon.

Back