First a la pericles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoRoToRiUm

Reaction score
Alright, after loving pericles labels so much, I decided to try and create one of my own. I'm still not sure of the background, but wanted to get some input.

darkcherrystout.jpg

Thanks again pericles! Check out his latest.

Very Cool logo, but the skull/centurain logo, while kick ass looking, doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the label. The medusa hair with the cheeries is awesome. Very professional.

Thanks, that was actually a google image I modified, colorized, and then added some filters to. The skull is my original logo I had before for Broken Face Brewery... Any ideas to replace it?

Nut brown ale-

nutbrownalecopy.jpg

Took me more time for the description then anything :)

Not to nitpick on accuracy but according to Wikipedia (Stout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) it was Porter that was first reported as being sold in the 1730’s and that the first known use of the word stout about beer was in a document dated 1677.

They also say the meaning of the word stout changed as far back as the fourteenth century which would be well before before stout was invented so I’m not sure that it was the creation of stout beer that altered the meaning.

D@mn, here I thought I knew enough not to look on Wiki; Thanks for pointing that out Thwizzit!

All work was done in Photoshop (CS3). The background was done using multiple images, just overlayed with different filters. Then I selected two parts I though were interesting, made a top and bottom layer on flat back ground and added the shadow for the border.

The 'shield' was probably the hardest part to get to look how I wanted it. I transformed a square to how I wanted it, added shadow, copied the image and then downsized it, then added inner glow to get it to look right after pasting it on top of the other. Simple, but I had to fudge with it till I liked it...

Thanks for the feedback so far!

*EDIT* Any other feedback other then the description? I want it to be the best I can make it so any ideas/criticism is welcome!*/EDIT*

Hey I just found this - fantastic! Seriously, there's like a 50% shot I'm going to steal this and pass it off as one of mine for an experimental cherry I'm bottling tomorrow. No one would ever know muahaha!

Back