Firkin hop infuser (Randall)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsatt33

Reaction score
Hey all, I built a hop infuser for my firkin. It's just a prototype/proof of concept but it worked! I had built a Randall last year and figured why can't I do the same for cask ale to give a burst of hop flavor to English IPAs or ESBs. It needs to be a bit more compact but still have a big enough box for hops. What do you think? How can we make it better?

CAM01006.jpg

CAM01007.jpg

CAM01008.jpg

CAM01009.jpg

I know you say its just a prototype, but how about food grade plastic? Nice job on finding new purposes for hardware parts. I love doing that myself, but am very careful when the product will be used for consumables.

"May cause Cancer in California".........:D

Seriously, I think that if you washed it well, that you would have no troubles with any "leaching" at the temps involved.

Necro post.

has anyone tried using a normal canister Randall on a gravity-fed cask?
I’m imagining hooking a length of tubing to the spout that connects to a tee, with one side going to the Randall input with a picnic tap on the end and the other just the plain beer.

Does this seem possible? I’m guessing the pressure might be too low in the cask to push even if we utilize gravity and have the outputs lower than the cask.

Latest posts

Back