Fireball Whiskey in Christmas Spice Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay55

Reaction score
Gotta brew a winter spice beer for a Thanksgiving time wedding. The groom loves Fireball whiskey. Someone got the bright idea of putting it in the beer. The recipe I'm going to use is Jamil's Ol' Yule Loggy from Brewing Classic Styles.

I'm thinking I'll just use the recipe as is and add the fireball to taste in the keg. What do you think about the added sweetness of the whiskey? Is it even an issue?
Drop the cinnamon from the boil and just count on the Fireball to take care of that part of the spicing?

This is my nieces wedding and my bro-inlaw and I have a reputation to uphold cause we brewed for her brothers wedding last year. Don't want to screw it up:)

Thanks for your input.

Might be safer to add it in secondary (or to primary after active fermentation ends) so you can wait out any renewed fermentation from the sugar.

The amount that is being added, I wouldnt worry terribly. I assume the keg will be kept at near freezing, further fermentation is unlikely.

You might want to get some dark beer from the store, and spike it with the amount of fireball you are thinking. You may not want a keg full of boilermakers. Its a wedding, caution may be best.

Back