Finding gas leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slackerlack

Reaction score
I have read a ton of threads on here about finding gas leaks and regulator gas leaks, but I am still not able to find mine.

I recently added the dual secondary regulator from beveragefactory model T1672ST. I started loosing gas and sprayed everything over and over and I cannot find any bubbles or hear any leaks. I noticed one of the regulator gauges was holding steady at 12 psi, but the other was dropping. I disconnected that regulator from the keg, shut the valve, pushed it up to 30psi, then turned off the gas. After a few minutes, that regulator gauge was down to 20psi and the other was still holding at 12 psi. I sprayed star san on everything, held the keg gas connector under water, and I still do not see bubbles. The only thing that I notice that is bothers me, is the shutoff valve for that regulator is loose. The valve handle screw was loose when I got it. I tightened it and that did not help.

Any help would be great.

The far left regulator is the one that is loosing pressure.

IMG_20120819_123901.jpg

IMG_20120819_123917.jpg

If you have convinced yourself that the recently added reg is at fault, why not contact the Beverage Factory for an exchange?

Cheers!

Back