Finding an electrician

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLSheppard

Reaction score
Do any of you fine folks have a suggestion for finding an electrician that will give me the TIME OF DAY for a smaller job?

I'm trying to get a professional to wire me up a 30/240 hookup for a BrewBoss setup and literally nobody bothers to keep their estimate appointments!

I realize that smaller jobs are not a priority - but where does that leave me? My money is still green and I'm simply not comfortable doing the work myself.

Thoughts?

I've been looking for just over 2 months now... I have asked for referrals from other contractor friends with the exact same response: "They're really busy. You'll need to give them a few weeks/months/etc."

Ask your homeowner friends instead? The electricians your contractor friends deal with are probably looking to fry bigger fish than what you have. A electrician who gets referred around by the homeowner probably is more likely to take that size job. Just a thought.

Do any of you fine folks have a suggestion for finding an electrician that will give me the TIME OF DAY for a smaller job?

I'm trying to get a professional to wire me up a 30/240 hookup for a BrewBoss setup and literally nobody bothers to keep their estimate appointments!

I realize that smaller jobs are not a priority - but where does that leave me? My money is still green and I'm simply not comfortable doing the work myself.

Thoughts?

I've been looking for just over 2 months now... I have asked for referrals from other contractor friends with the exact same response: "They're really busy. You'll need to give them a few weeks/months/etc."

I had the same issue. My wife posted something on Facebook for me and I had someone out that afternoon. First time in recorded history Facebook proved to be useful to me.

30A? Roll of 10 wire, 240 breaker, receptacle, and some staples... Not rocket science. Try some handyman type guys and/or call some suppliers/City Electric (I googled) and ask if they know of someone doing wiring "on the side".

My outlets and circuits for my BrewBoss are in place!!! Now, to finish the ductwork and plumbing...

Latest posts

Back