Finally new brewery complete

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanDe680

Reaction score
Long story short, I have been brewing going on 5-6 years. Originally I made one extract beer and decided I wanted to brew all grain. I can't tell you how much there is to read on brewing - it's crazy.

In the process of building a new home, I decided to have a dedicated space for this, instead of things spread out everywhere. Being that I would now have a basement brewery, electric was the way to go. Also being that I am not an electrician and am in finance, I wanted a effective yet reliable solution.

I got turned on to Kal's brewery setup and after reading through his manual decided this was the way to go. I wanted skin in the game so I decided to build it myself.

Between building, moving and have a 2nd child, this became a 13-month project. This weekend I finally was able to brew on my new system. I can say that going electric introduces a new way of doing things, but I am just fine with that.

I can't recommend Kal's system enough - it allows for flexibility and consistency, which was exactly what I was searching for. Please do browse theelectricbrewery.com and realize that www.ebrewsupply.com will become your best friend.

I brewed my first batch on this system yesterday and it worked great.

I also suggest that if you are going to spend the money to go electric and purchase decent kettles, that you consider doing the same for your fermentation. The electric brewing can help to nail your process of brewing down pretty well, so why not make sure that the fermentation, which can be more important than the brewing process itself, is dialed in just how you want it.

After all, we're all not here to make perfect beer, everyone's definition of that varies, but I think it's more about the hobby itself and what level of enjoyment you take it to. :mug:

IMG_3396.jpg

image3.jpg

Man..... I thought I was on a good track. I'm drooling right now!!! I haven't used my 7 gal Chronical yet (waiting to get a fishtank heater for the cooler). Big round of applause to my friend! BREW ON!

Pretty cool setup. Would u mind giving general list/breakdown of configuration? I'm thinking of kal type build too.

Sure, here's a shot at it:

(3) 20 gallon Blichmann Boilermakers
Kal's 30A Electric Brewery Panel
Hood vent from FastHoods in Canada
Vortex S-600 fan
SS Brew Tech BME 1/2 bbl Conical w/ FTSs
Most accessories and parts are from AIH (homebrewing.org) because I took advantage of their reward points. The Blichmanns and the valves, hoses, etc alone gave me $200 in rewards to spend there.
Tables, sink and faucet are off Amazon, about $600 for all that.

All in, this is approx $7k in parts, not counting the buildout of the room. Since it was part of the new house construction, I can tell you that the tile was about $600 + install plus lighting, drywall, paint, etc.

I wanted to put the panel together, customize the pots, etc because I do enjoy that part of it.

Back