Finally joined

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutman35

Reaction score
Found so much great information in this forum the last few months I thought I'd finally join. Started brewing over 20 years, took a long hiatus, and now am sucked back in with a full blown obsession. Have only brewed extract and don't plan to move to all grain, though I'm helping my brother in law get started doing BIAB. We planted a variety of hops over the last few years and this year we expect our first big yield. We did pretty good last year. Anyways great to meet you all. Here's a picture of me harvesting our hops last yearView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429192829.346073.jpg

Lookin' good!! Did you ever brew anything up with those harvested hops? If so, how'd it turn out?

Dried and froze some. A mix of Northern Brewer, chinook and local hops (I'm from central NY). Used them in a couple beers in addition to pellets. They had lost a lot of umph by the time I used them. Looking forward to brewing with fresh cones this fall

Back