Finally... I present my brew stand!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fizzycist

Reaction score
After about a 9 month hiatus from brewing due to too much crap goin on, I finally completed my brew stand! No more brewing off the edge of a clothes dryer for me! Here are some pics. My eldest was too excited and wanted to be in the picture.

It is fully disassemble-able, so one person can carry it up or down stairs, and while I didn't put casters on it, you could very easily. Right now it's set up as a 3 tier gravity drain with electric HLT and BK, with a copper manifold cooler MT. However, once I spring for a pump and coil, it's ready to expand to an eHERMs. If I ever went propane, it wouldn't be hard to add supports and burners.

Dissasembled.JPG

assembled.JPG

with shelves.JPG

Brewery Girl.JPG

Pretty good looking stand. Did you fabricate the pieces or can I pick this up somewhere? I really like that it looks like one person could move this if needed. Unlike most of the brew stands that must weigh half a ton.

I designed and fabbed it. My first welding project, it went pretty well! My welds are nothing like pro quality, but they are sturdy. The largest of the metal pieces weighs no more than about 10 lbs, the largest shelf piece is similar. Portability was high on my list of objectives.

I designed and fabbed it. My first welding project, it went pretty well! My welds are nothing like pro quality, but they are sturdy. The largest of the metal pieces weighs no more than about 10 lbs, the largest shelf piece is similar. Portability was high on my list of objectives.

I starting to think I need to learn how to weld.

I starting to think I need to learn how to weld.

It was easier than I expected. I have 3 pieces of advice:

1. Find a canny redneck to show you how/let you use his shop (that's what I did).
2.Skip angle iron; square tube was so much easier.
3. Good clamps are worth their weight in gold and aren't actually that expensive.

Back