Finally edited together 'My First Beer Making Kit' video.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The__Brit

Reaction score
If you want a laugh and have 20 minutes to kill... check it out.
The next Vid will be much better I promice. This is all thinking on my feet and working it out as I go. LOL

Hold down the ALT key and then press 0176. That'll give you the symbol for degree °. Also I probably would have give both Fahrenheit and Celsius since your youTube viewers are going to be from other countries as well as the very few that use Fahrenheit.

It always bugs me to see one bare footed while boiling wort, water or working with hot oils in the kitchen or back porch with the turkey fryer going! But that's my issue. Hopefully you won't experience the potential you expose yourself to.

It was rather long, I didn't check your procedures. Might want to also break up in to smaller segments about a specific thing so those looking for just info about mashing don't have to wade through the other stuff. Not that you can't also have the long blog for those that aren't so impatient.

Looks almost identical equipment wise to the Brooklyn BrewShop kit I started with. It made good beer. I'm impressed that your packet of yeast told you what the yeast strain is, S-04. Brooklyn Brewshop wouldn't tell me what their yeast was. It was a secret.

Not sure what you wanted, but it's a good enough start if you like doing the video blogs. Let's see where you are in a year from now.

If you want a laugh and have 20 minutes to kill... check it out.
Good luck!

I would suggest a brew bag vs trying to strain the grains with cheese cloth.

The hops from that kit look pretty old, which is not surprising from a thrift shop kit. They should have a nice green color to them. Is your planned Oktoberfest a new kit?

Back