Finally building my brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorefingers23

Reaction score
After 8 years of brewing all grain with some gear I put togather with help from this site, I finally started to build myself a real brew rig, and just wanted to post some pics
20180921_192154.jpeg
20181102_114132.jpeg
20180921_192154.jpeg
20180911_124512.jpeg
20181102_114124.jpeg

Pretty happy with my progress so far, next step is to make a manifold for the propane, but not really sure what I need in terms of parts, if anyone has a good tutorial I'd love to see it

I want to put my water filter here, but am worried the burner might be too hot to have plastic filter that close. Anybody else put the filter under the burner?

My plan is to have everything inside the frame for storage reasons
20181103_150114.jpeg

While I've found it remarkable how cool the temperature is under my bg14 burners I don't think I'd put plastic quite that close.
Consider mounting it on a swing-out arm...

Cheers!

You could mount the filter there and put a metal shield over it.

As far as a manifold I made mine with 1/2” black pipe and 3/8” hard fuel line from the auto parts store. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.

When I built my single tier I had planned on mounting a sediment and carbon block on a swinging panel that would allow them to nestle under my hlt burner when stored. Actually mounted the pivot ferrules to the frame and was about to fabricate the panel, then I got the water report on my well and it was obvious a full-blown RO system was in order. A bit much to attach to the brew rig.

But I used the same concept on my plate chiller mount on the diagonally opposite corner, under my bk burner. The PC latches in or out using a spring loaded pin (you can just see a bit of the back stay in the second pic).

chiller_01_sm.jpg

chiller_02.jpg

Cheers!

I fired up the burner for the first time with the water filter below it, it defiantly gets too hot under there for plastic. Back to the drawing board.
I am pretty impressed with how fast the bg14 brings water up to temp compared to my turkey fryer, and it's Soo much quieter too.

When I built my single tier I had planned on mounting a sediment and carbon block on a swinging panel that would allow them to nestle under my hlt burner when stored. Actually mounted the pivot ferrules to the frame and was about to fabricate the panel, then I got the water report on my well and it was obvious a full-blown RO system was in order. A bit much to attach to the brew rig.

But I used the same concept on my plate chiller mount on the diagonally opposite corner, under my bk burner. The PC latches in or out using a spring loaded pin (you can just see a bit of the back stay in the second pic).

How did you attach the chiller to the metal plate? Did you just epoxy it?

The Dudadiesel chiller has a pair of threaded studs projecting out the back. Easy peasy mounting.
To mount a water filter I think I'd try attaching an elbow on each side projecting rearward then add close nipples and push the whole thing through matching holes in a plate and secure it from the back before hooking up the hoses...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back