Finally Bottled Our First Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderTheRug

Reaction score
We used the Atlas Stout extract kit from Austin Home Brew Supply. It's been the bottle a week now, and is tasting/looking fantastic!

Mike

IMG_8068.jpg

congrats..Welcome to the addiction, errr I mean hobby

I remeber my first brew.. and now I have full fermenters all over the house....

Most, if not all, homebrewers will remember that "woosh" from popping the cap on that first bottle of the first batch...and then discovering that it was rather good beer! Congrats on a good-looking brew.

glenn514:mug:

Would that be the same as losing one's "brewginity"? :D

(breaks out his best J Peterman impression.......)

Ah, I still remember it all so well as if it was yesterday. It was back in the summer of 2012 when I first brewed using my 5 gallon stainless steel kettle purchased from Northern Brewer. it was on sale for $29.99. The dark aroma of her scorched extract beckoned at my nasal passages as I brought her to a boil. She was a fine American Wheat. Dark, clear, and caramelly, she was hated by her wheat sisters as she looked nothing like them but envied by the all brown ales around her. SRM be damned! I knew after that whoosh of the first bottle being popped open, that she was destined to tantalize my taste buds into a ethanol induced frenzy!

:D

Most, if not all, homebrewers will remember that "woosh" from popping the cap on that first bottle of the first batch...and then discovering that it was rather good beer! Congrats on a good-looking brew.

glenn514:mug:

Lies! Lies! Lies! Guess you didn't brew your first batch in a Mr. Beer set up next to your radiator in you college dorm room.

Yeah, I figured - hence the wink. Mr. Beer has come along way in quality, it seems!

Back