Finally! A good use for Coors Light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cromacster

Reaction score
At a small bar in the Caribbean, they ran out of chairs so the barkeep rigged this stool for my SWMBO.

Thanks Coors, for keeping my SWMBO well rested while carousing the bar scene in the Caribbean.

use4coors.jpg

I read that Coors Light just overtook Budweiser for spot #2 in US most popular beers based on qty sold. Plus I believe Coors is all made from Montana grown hops.

Being a Montanan, I can proudly say I still prefer Bud Light! Maybe they are selling more Coors for it's chair-ability?

I read that Coors Light just overtook Budweiser for spot #2 in US most popular beers based on qty sold. Plus I believe Coors is all made from Montana grown hops.

Being a Montanan, I can proudly say I still prefer Bud Light! Maybe they are selling more Coors for it's chair-ability?

From my understanding it's more of a case of InBev focusing on Bud Light more Coors Light gaining any real ground. Like if you add Bud & Bud Light's market share over the past 5 years the total has stayed pretty consistent but Bud Light keeps taking a larger part of it.

BuddyWeiser said:

That's because of their cans with the cold activated Rockies on them. I like knowing that my piss beer is as cold as the Rockies before I even put my hands on it.

Edited, made HUGE mistakes with my post. The post about DFH was meant for a different thread. My bad.

That's because of their cans with the cold activated Rockies on them. I like knowing that my piss beer is as cold as the Rockies before I even put my hands on it.

I do think DFH is a little over-rated. Sam is a good marketing person and they are on the east coast where there isn't as many craft breweries. I don't think he'd do as well if he had to compete directly with some of the west coast breweries.

The 60min. is good, the 120 is a little over the top, IMO. I had a weird mint beer from them at Oregon Brewfest that was nasty. My mouth is like a dumpster, I'll drink anything, but I actually had to waste a taste and pour it out. The line for that crap was long and I think everybody was disappointed after they tasted it. It just shows that there is more hype with that brewery than anything.

:rolleyes: Where is this coming from? Not really on topic..

Sure... make her sit on a pile of crap while you sit back in a nice chair...

I do think DFH is a little over-rated. Sam is a good marketing person and they are on the east coast where there isn't as many craft breweries. I don't think he'd do as well if he had to compete directly with some of the west coast breweries.

:off:

I don't get this statement at all. DFH is available in all the bars around here, and I see it prominently on store shelves at my local grocery store, where many other west coast-based beers are not. It's basically BMC, Sam Adams, DFH, Firestone Walker and Stone, with the occasional Deschutes, Rogue, or Lagunitas.

It appears to me Sam has done pretty well competing directly with the west coast breweries.

:rolleyes: Where is this coming from? Not really on topic..

Wait, DFH doesn't brew Coors?

My mind is blown.

But somewhat on-topic speculation, I would bet that the combined sales of Budweiser and Bud Light are higher than that of Coors Light and Coors Banquet (Whatever it's called. The cream cans).

The 60min. is good, the 120 is a little over the top, IMO. I had a weird mint beer from them at Oregon Brewfest that was nasty. My mouth is like a dumpster, I'll drink anything, but I actually had to waste a taste and pour it out. The line for that crap was long and I think everybody was disappointed after they tasted it. It just shows that there is more hype with that brewery than anything.

did you mean to post this in the sam c rant on BA thread? cuz, really, i don't see how it fits here, and kinda see how it fits there IF you eliminated the whole rant about coors cold activated cans.

maybe someone should get this guy a coors light chair, he seems a bit tipsy :ban:

Sure... make her sit on a pile of crap while you sit back in a nice chair...

Haha, I had a tripod camp chair, with no back to speak of, I think I would have rather had the coors.

Is she aware there's a sweet plastic chair right behind her?

Someone in our group was sitting there. I guess she coulda jacked it.

nah, that was the OP's, it's only empty cuz he got up to take the pic.

OP, i'm still wondering what's in your wife's drink that melted her face? i'd love to give mine a glass or two of that just to watch the show! :ban:

looking at it from my phone, I thought is the top of just some weird hat :fro:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
did you mean to post this in the sam c rant on BA thread? cuz, really, i don't see how it fits here, and kinda see how it fits there IF you eliminated the whole rant about coors cold activated cans.

maybe someone should get this guy a coors light chair, he seems a bit tipsy :ban:

You sir are correct.
OP, sorry for screwing up your thread!

Unfortunately no, it would be easier to admit to being drunk than just stupid.

OP, i'm still wondering what's in your wife's drink that melted her face? i'd love to give mine a glass or two of that just to watch the show! :ban:

I think the bartender called it a "Wet p$$y" It contained Cruzan 151, fruit punch, and Cream of Coconut.

You can use your imagination as to what the cream of coconut looked like :ban:

Back