Final product

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acampane

Reaction score
So after being out of brewing for about two years I decided to get back into it with a kolsch and then try kegging. I let it sit in the primary for 6 days secondary for 4. Transferred to keg and had it at 30 psi for almost 2 days. Set to 10 psi and had my first kegged home brew. Overall it came out descent a little over carbed but was my first attempt. Next will be a chocolate milk stout. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387725188.185951.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1387725204.417310.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1387725215.617289.jpg

Aren't you supposed to lager a kolsch? Or at least a cold crash? That seems like a very fast fermentation and very quick secondary. I bet it clears up and improves taste over time

Sent from my HTC One using Home Brew mobile app

Your probably right but it's one of those cases I had nothing on tap and was a little fast paced. Next one I'll take my time

I'd let it sit for a few weeks before. Also kolschs can be ale'd or lagered, that shouldn't be a problem.

Back