Filter system (not RO) for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
Any suggestions for water filtration to just get rid of the normal tap/chlorine off flavors? My fridge has a filter but that would take a long tedious time to fill.

Do any of you use any hose end type systems with good success? Basically just want to recreate the "spring water" i buy from the store but not have to pay $0.90 a gallon for it. Hopefully something that would "pay for itself" within 3-4 batches.

Odd question, can you detach the one from your fridge (looks like a tube normally on the back of the fridge) and run some piping through it with some hose clamps

Odd question, can you detach the one from your fridge (looks like a tube normally on the back of the fridge) and run some piping through it with some hose clamps

Its a pain in the butt to get to. To be honest the one INSIDE the fridge is busted. I bought an external long life filter that runs behind the fridge. But its juts not easily accessible.

I use an RV filter from the hardware store, it's a big carbon filter that looks like this image. new filters aren't that expensive either.
upload_2018-3-16_9-25-13.jpeg

I use an RV filter from the hardware store, it's a big carbon filter that looks like this image. new filters aren't that expensive either.View attachment 562279

Thats the kind of thing I was thinking of, i just didn't know what to call them. I found that one on amazon and it looks like several of the reviewers have used it for brewing. I'll probably pick it up next paycheck.

Thats the kind of thing I was thinking of, i just didn't know what to call them. I found that one on amazon and it looks like several of the reviewers have used it for brewing. I'll probably pick it up next paycheck.

I think they sell them at home depot. I got mine at a local hardware store. Once you have the housing the carbon filters are pretty cheap and I only change mine about once every 6 months.

Back