Figidaire Upright 14ft Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srice

Reaction score
I just scored a really nice LFFU14F5HWS upright 14 ft freezer off Craigslist for $100. I am getting ready to drill a hole for temperature probes. Does anybody have any guidance as to where it is safest to drill?

Google "FFU14F5HW diagram" and you'll find a bunch of exploded diagrams including the chassis. Might help to pick a safe spot in the back wall.

But, regardless, drill a small pilot hole just through the liner from the inside, use a thin probe to verify there's no plumbing in the immediate vicinity before drilling through then widening the hole....

Cheers!

In case anybody else is interested n finding a safe spot to drill one of these freezers, I found a good spot. After removing the wire shelves (which are of no use to me anymore), I realized that the plastic pocket into which the shelf was inserted, went most of the way through the foam of the side of the freezer. I removed the rear upper plastic pocket on the hinge side of the freezer. After a little probing with a small screwdriver, I determined that there were no refrigerant lines (mainly worried about defrost loops) in the area. Chucked a 1/4" bit and drilled from the inside of the freezer. Then used a 3/8" bit to go from the outside in. I now have a nice neat wiring port to get my temperature probes and power lines for the fan and heater into the freezer.
:ban:

Back