FG Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seems like my FG's are usually around 10 points higher than the recipe FG. Just checked my Russian River Row 2 Hill 56 Clone after 12 days @ 64F. It's at 1.020 when it should be @ 1.010. My OG was @ 1.060, when recipe called for 1.055. Should my fermentation temp be warmer? I bumped it up to 68F, gave it a slight swirl and tossed in my dry hops.

Was this an all grain? If so, in the event you went over your mash temp you could have created some unfermentables.

You're sitting at 5.38% alcohol. Is that what you were shooting for?

What fermentor volume did the recipe call for? What did you end up with?

Ahh ok. I would say you got a higher OG due to a lower volume. Which is fine, in my opinion. You're just .6% off on ABV, potentially your yeast didn't attenuate at a high enough rate. Did you use the yeast prescribed in the recipe?

I stove top biab and fixed my high fg problem by moving the pot away from the hot stove during the mash. Kept heating and produced higher mash temp. Also fast ferment sample helps here to see if it's wort or yeast related.

Latest posts

Back