Festa Brew Cerveza not good in keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ntense

Reaction score
Hi there,
I did a Festa Brew brewer's worth last November's 20th.

I kegged it on December's 5th, but filled 12 bottles also, since it was a 23 liters worth.

Since that date, it was under force carbing and last week end, I tried it.

Totally awful.

I couldn't believe it. I tried another, same thing.

Now, I'm drinking the same batch, but from a bottle.

Taste like heaven.

Why? Is it because I let the 12 clear bottles under sunlight for about 2 weeks?

Probably.

Now, here's my big question:

Is it possible to take the beer out of the keg and fill bottle? I know it can be done, but I'm unsure if the yeast is still alive...

I would use a Copper's carbonation drop in each one...

let me know if it can be done.

Thanks!

The beer in the keg may not be ruined. What does it taste like, and what is the horrible off flavour you speak of?

Unless there was detergent in the keg or lines, or some other strongly flavoured contaminant (including spoilage), the beer shouldn't have tasted so different. Perhaps it is just a difference in carbonation? A beer can taste VERY different if it is under- or over-carbonated. Chances are, it is fixable.

If not, I don't think transfering to bottles would help (e.g., if the beer in the keg got contaminated).

If you are dead set on filling bottles, just fill them with carbonated beer (don't mess with carb drops). Look up Biermuncher's bottle filler. Very easy to do.

pop the top of the keg and taste it, if its good then something is changing the flavor in your lines if its bad then its probably going to be bad in the bottle unless you are used to drinking skunk beer with a lime

thanks for your replies, but I since the question was about yeast and fermentation, I posted it in the other section.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back