Ferocious IPA experiences?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlapjackAM

Reaction score
Hello, just bottled my first attempt at an IPA, the Ferocious IPA Midwest extract kit, and was wondering if anyone else had made this recently. I ask because I set a sample aside, chilled it, and it tastes way sweeter than I imagined it would after all that 'hop overload' type advertising. Never had the original. My OG was 1.066 and my FG was 1.014 so it didn't appear to to be an attenuation issue. Anyway, not necessarily a problem, it has some aging and carbing to do, and tastes pretty good. Just not as much bitterness and aroma as I imagined. Oh, and I dry hopped for 6 days.

What did your final product end up like? Found some threads about it but not much more than 'it turned out great' or tips on brewing it. Was curious about a more in depth description.

:mug:

If you're bottling you just added a sweet sugar solution to your beer. Let it carb up, then judge the taste. I've found that carbonation has a lot of impact in the taste of the final product.

edit: I haven't had that beer

How silly of me. I poured from a bottle that got a hairline fracture in the capping, not my pre-siphon hydrometer sample. Duh. Well assuming that's my issue I'm still curious how its 'supposed' to taste. I feel dumb.

Back