Fermerator thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogtailale

Reaction score
I can pick up one of these for about 300$. One of neighbors has one It looks like I could fit 4 carboys per level 2 levels.

Looking to see if anyone else is using something like these.........Thoughts and input..............Advice

Right Im using a old 50's refer that only holds 2 carboys...... Two stage ranco & and one of those blue brewer heaters 25 watts.

ferm cooler.jpg

My only $0.02 would be that those are probably not well insulated compared to a modern refrigerator, but probably better than the 1950's job

I've used commercial refrigerators in the past. They are quite efficient surprisingly and the glass panel is quite insulated. Something like this would require at least a dedicated 15 amp circuit and possibly dedicated 20 amp. I had a True brand that was half that size and it needed a dedicated 15 amps. If its 20, then you couldn't use the typical Ranco because they are not rated for that. There are others that are though. For $300, I would definitely buy it. It doesn't look like they are that old. Depending on the brand, these things are $2,000+ new.

well all i can add is keep them away from any sunlight. glass doors will not protect from skunking. you can get clear plastic stick on glass covers that will protect form UV.

Back