Fermenting in Houston...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeruRaHa

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm new to homebrew, just picked up a mead kit as xmas gift from my loving wife and finally got started with this little hobby I've been telling myself for a couple years I would try out.

My first batch of mead is in primary fermentation for about 24 hours now, and I'm already going crazy planning out what to do next, budgeting for more and bigger equipment (rocking a small system, 2gallon primary fermenter and 1 gallon carboy for secondary, 1 gallon batches until I get the hang of this -- I figure if I'm going to make vinegar, 1 gallon will be plenty).

Since mead is a patient man's drink to brew, and I'm not a patient man (the thought of waiting a year to drink this is driving me crazy!) I'm looking at some quicker turn-around recipes to start up once I rack this gallon of mead into secondary fermentation. I think an apple wine or apple cider will be good, but I'm also a little curious about trying out one of the hopped malt extracts for a low-effort beer brew....

Anyways, happy to be here, I look forward to pestering everyone with my newbie questions and sharing my sure-to-be hilarious mistakes that I'm destined to make with the first few batches of homebrew....

:mug:

Latest posts

Back