fermenting concern

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggy727

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Two days ago I started my first non kit brew. The recipe is for a kilkenney irish red. I had to cut the batch size (with help from my local homebrew store) down to a 2 gallon batch due to me having a junky mr beer fermenter. I am currently fermenting my beer in a closet that has a fairly stable 70º in it. I checked it today and did not see any bubbles in the fermenter. Should I be worried about this? I do not have a hydrometer yet but I do plan on getting one. Secondly I plan on keeping the brew in the primary for 3 weeks, cold crashing for a day or so, then bottling via priming sugar (dissolved in a littlw water). After 3 weeks of bottle conditioning I will chill it for a day or so then try it. Does this sound like an acceptable plan?

there's very little chance the yeast isn't working ... give it a week, get a hydrometer, and then ck. to see that it in fact did ferment ... and you don't have to wait 3 weeks for a beer to carb up ... two is plenty of time if it's a normal gravity beer

Latest posts

Back