Fermenting Cider in Mr. Beer Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeMonkeyStang

Reaction score
I'm about to make my first batch of cider. I picked up 2 gallons of Tree Top (preservative free) apple juice from Costco and figured I would give it a shot.

Has anyone ever fermented their cider using the Mr. Beer fermenter? It is about the right size for the batch I'm planning and since I'm not using it atm I figured it would be perfect; just curious if anyone else has done the same and if there are any potential issues I should worry about.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, guite a few folks use them for ciders, or meads, or wines, or *gasp* beer. Even small batch all grain brewing on the stove top...It's a fermenter, which mean you can ferment anything in it.

Thanks Revvy, I figured as much but having never done a cider I didn't know if there was anything specific to them that I should be aware of. I had done a quick search but didn't see anything mentioning the two.

I guess if people are just opening bottles and sticking them in the closet I can't do too bad with something that was actually designed for fermenting liquids.

Latest posts

Back