Fermenting 15 gallons in sankey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could...but if there's tons of yeast contained in the krausen, you're abandoning all the most active yeast.

Oh oh I see, Yeah I was wondering... You're going to have a lot of blowoff with that too I would even expect some with 10 gallons.. But there's definitely no reason you couldn't try.

Thanks for the response. I normally do 15 gallon batches, but im getting tired of plastic fermenters and dont feel like spending $1500 on fermenters. I could tone them down to 14 gallons, but whats the fun in that. after all the trub, ill end up with 13 gallons.

Sanke kegs are the cheapest way to ferment in steel for 10-12 gal batches that I know of. You can always buy more than one?

Sanke kegs are the cheapest way to ferment in steel for 10-12 gal batches that I know of. You can always buy more than one?

Exactly. Upgrade to 20 gallon batches and ferment in two kegs then have them carbonate themselves while fermenting.

Exactly. Upgrade to 20 gallon batches and ferment in two kegs then have them carbonate themselves while fermenting.
Ill try that. I tried reading up on this method, but it gets to crazy with questions. Maybe you could point me in the right direction?

Latest posts

Back