Fermenter's Favorites™ 120 Count Crown Beer Bottle Caps - anyone else having problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donovanlambright

Reaction score
I cross-posted this as a review on northernbrewer.com. Apologies to those who may see it twice.

These are the colored bottle caps. First time I tried them, I couldn't get them to seal on the bottle. I used a Bench Bottle Capper ( NB SKU: 6890) and, no matter how hard I tried, couldn't get the cap to fully crimp on the bottle. I have had no trouble with the Fermenters Favorites gold caps and am not sure what the problem is. In case it matters, I was using a mix of Sierra Nevada, Summit, and Boulevard bottles. I might try them again with a different capper or might just call NB for a refund. Haven't decided yet.

For what it's worth, there are several reviews at Midwest Supplies from guys who report no problems. So, like I said, I'm kind of at a loss. Anyone else have trouble with these?

I have used them with a wing capper successfully. However, I find them more difficult to crimp than other types. They were a little cheaper than most, but I will not buy them again.

Back