Fermenter was set to 57f after pitching, should i worry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waverz

Reaction score
I recently brewed my first batch after taking a year break from the hobby. Brew day went well put noticed 2 days after pitching that my fermentation chamber was set to 57f instead of 67f.

Should I bring the temp up and re-pitch or just bring the temp up to my usual 67f and watch for signs of fermentation?

I'm not sure at what temp yeast die or flocculate so I am slightly concerned.

What yeast strain did you use?
Depending on that, your yeast is either dormant or I guess lagering.
Is thereally any sign of fermentation begining?

What yeast strain did you use?
Depending on that, your yeast is either dormant or I guess lagering.
Is thereally any sign of fermentation begining?

The yeast was SafAle S-05. I was worried that I hadn't used enough yeast as the OG of this brew was 1.065. I probably should have gone with 2 packs.

Now I managed to set my fermentation chamber temp too low. That's what I get for having one too many on brew day.

The yeast was SafAle S-05. I was worried that I hadn't used enough yeast as the OG of this brew was 1.065. I probably should have gone with 2 packs.

Now I managed to set my fermentation chamber temp too low. That's what I get for having one too many on brew day.

Warm up the fermenter and you'll be fine. End product will be beer.

However I have to disagree with what you said about "having one to many," to my knowledge there is no such thing

Latest posts

Back