Fermenter temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerE

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have my first batch 'cooking' in the fermenter (True Brew Amber Ale)

I feel like everything went well - got the wort down under 80deg in less than 30 min, aerated well, pitched at about 72deg.

The bucket is down in my basement and has been churning out about a bubble a second in the airlock for about the last 24hrs and I can tell that there was some serious foaming going on. The 'fermometer' on the side says 64-66deg.

So my question is this: After the bubbling dies down, should I leave it in the spot it is in (60 degrees) or should I move it to somewhere warmer?
I have another spot that is between 64 & 66deg available.

Thanks!

If you have a spot that is around 64-66 I might move it there after fermentation starts to slow down. You really want your fermentation temperature to remain constant, or slightly warm up at the end. Either way you will likely be fine, but I would personally consider moving it.

If you have a spot that is around 64-66 I might move it there after fermentation starts to slow down. You really want your fermentation temperature to remain constant, or slightly warm up at the end. Either way you will likely be fine, but I would personally consider moving it.

+1 to this. thats what I do too.

Back