Fermenter leaking help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zephed666

Reaction score
So I brewed a Hefe yesterday morning and notice last night that the airlock was clogged and the beer was coming out the sides. I added a blow off tube instead but that did not help. I popped the lid and just laid it on top of the bucket since I did not want it to explode and put the fermentor in a plastic bin.
This morning the plastic has about a 1/4 inch of krausen and it is still coming out the sides. Is this going to be okay as is? Never had this happen before...

It should be fine. When active fermentation slows done, when the krausen isn't pushing out, clean and sanitize the lid and airlock and put them back on.

It should be fine. When active fermentation slows done, when the krausen isn't pushing out, clean and sanitize the lid and airlock and put them back on.

Is it absolutely necessary to clean the lid? I had snapped it back down and not sure I want to keep opening it. Still bubbling a little bit into the blow off...

thanks again!

Back