Fermented/Carbonated Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadams74

Reaction score
I recently made a beverage that some may find interesting. The exact recipe is mine to keep but I basically made a concentrated cup of coffee with an AeroPress then bottled it with some champagne yeast and let it sit a few days. What I got was a nice sparkly coffee beverage.

i'm interested!

what was the starting gravity? ending? alcohol content?

does it taste good, or like sewer martini?

pictures man! pictures!

can you get drunk on it?

did you bottle it?

recipe!

I recently made a beverage that some may find interesting. The exact recipe is mine to keep but I basically made a concentrated cup of coffee with an AeroPress then bottled it with some champagne yeast and let it sit a few days. What I got was a nice sparkly coffee beverage.

Hmm, can you describe the taste? I may try something like this, I have an espresso machine and a keg of carbonated water in the keezer. Brew and cool a shot of espresso, pour in glass, fill with carbonated water...

After I made the coffee with my AeroPress and adding sugar I poured it directly over ice to cool it. Thats the biggest thing you need to do when cooling coffee, do it quickly! If coffee cools slowly it creates too much acid and it tastes tainted. Just keep adding ice and stirring til its room temperature. I also threw some cinnamon and nutmeg with a shot of vanilla in with it for a winter taste. I then bottled it in a 20 oz. plastic bottle and added my yeast. I then put the bottle in the dark and let it sit for around 48 hrs.

I don't have anything to measure specific gravity so no numbers on that, sorry. It's quite delicious in my opinion. I don't really know if it tastes much like alcohol as I don't drink. No idea the alcohol content sorry guys.

Hmm, can you describe the taste? I may try something like this, I have an espresso machine and a keg of carbonated water in the keezer. Brew and cool a shot of espresso, pour in glass, fill with carbonated water...

I don't know how that would turn out honestly. Espresso is made under high pressures in an espresso machine I don't know if that could effect it or not. Overall I'm happy with this fermented coffee thing I have made and I'm gonna make a bigger batch soon. Let me know your thoughts guys.

A coffee place here in Lawrence, Kansas has cold brew on tap. They use their basic cold brew recipe and put it on a nitrogen tap. It has the same consistency and flavor as a Guinness. They have also been experimenting with adding hops to their coldbrew but I don't think they need them, coffee is plenty bitter on its own.

Back