Fermentation???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkwarn3

Reaction score
image-2946731498.jpg

So, I did a Milkstout almost 3 weeks ago. I popped the lid to see how it was coming cuz I never witnessed a ton of action in my air lock. This is what it looked like. There is some evidence on the side that some bubbling probably took place, but just doesn't seem like a lot happened here! Thoughts? I've done several extractions now to this point and everything seemed good with this one........OG was on the money at 1.060 as it called for!

coolharry said:
Looks good to me. Did you take a fg reading?

No, not yet! Plan to this evening though! Thanks. Makes sense! That's the one TRUE way to know where your beer is really at!
Cheers!

It looks like you had a decent krausen that has since dropped. It looks 100% normal. When you check the gravity you will know. This is one reason I dislike fermenting in buckets. You can't see what is happening unless you lift the lid.

It looks like you had a decent krausen that has since dropped. It looks 100% normal. When you check the gravity you will know. This is one reason I dislike fermenting in buckets. You can't see what is happening unless you lift the lid.

I agree, I only use them when adding something in secondary like fruit.

Latest posts

Back