Fermentation was complete but beer sat at 80+ degrees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A2HB

Reaction score
During active fermentation (days 1-7) both beers were held from 65-70, one in cool ambient temps, the other in a swamp cooler. After fermentation was completed it became very hot in the room that had my fermenters, like around 80-83 ambient. So my question is, should I be worried about any off flavors being present now? My plan is to let the beers sit for another 11 days (one week to dry hop starting on Sunday) and the temps are going to drop significantly in that time so should I have any concerns now? I'm thinking it should be ok since active fermentation was finished before the heat came, but just wanted some reassurance in case anyone has had this happen to them. Thanks!

Ok thanks. Yeah I was thinking the risk was minimal but it was pretty hot in there so just wanted to get some ease of mind on that. Once I'm done dry hopping and bottling they will all be going straight into the fridge to cool down.

Back