Fermentation Chamber Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub117

Reaction score
I recently brewed a saison, since it was hot as hell, and without having a fermentation chamber in my house, it was the only yeast strain I could find that would work well in my space available...Not to mention its SWMBO's favorite style. Well it turned out great, probably the best beer I've brewed to date, and I washed the yeast with the intent of making another batch. Only problem is that we just moved to New Hampshire, and 85F isn't gonna happen up here.

I figured I would build a fermentation chamber, but after poking around on here for a while every example I can find is built to keep the fermenters cool. Is there a way to build one that can both raise and lower temps?

A simple small heater, heating pad, shielded light bulb, reptile heater or ??? can provide the needed heat to make it happen.

Using the ebay aquarium controller, it is setup to run both the freezer to cool, as well as an additional power source for warming the fermentation chamber. Most often heat source I've seen is a light bulb.

Thanks for your help guys, I was to focused on searching ferm chambers and not heat sources. Did some good research and now I've got a ebay temp controller on the way! I think I'll go the route of the ceramic space heater, seems like people have had good success with those. Thanks again!

Back