Fermentation Chamber - 4.3 cu ft Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I trimmed out all the plastic and foam, but now I have a feeling I should seal it somehow. Does anyone have any suggestions? Spray sealer? Tape? nothing?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 220
hmmm... I think it looks kinda cool, what's the worry? I used some of the reflective waterproof construction tape in a keezer before to seal up some insulating styrofoam. Works fine, looks... fine...

Good job cutting that plastic. Looks like pretty clean cuts, what did you use to cut it? I second the reflective duct tape if you're worried about it...

Very nice job. What did you use to cut it?

You could use aluminum duct tape, regular duct tape....you did such a nice job on that I'm not sure I'd do anything with it.

Good job cutting that plastic. Looks like pretty clean cuts, what did you use to cut it? I second the reflective duct tape if you're worried about it...
I used Dremel Micro that I bought at Home Depot. Not sure what the "cutter" is called, but I finished it up with one of the high-grit sandpaper attachments.

I thought that it was a just a plastic piece that was glued around the edges (which is why you see the line cut at the top). In the end, it seems they had the plastic piece filled with insulation foam after mounting it to the door. That means I had to cut the plastic and the foam. In most cases, the dremel micro didn't make it half way through the foam insulation, so I had to do it on both sides and give it a small hit to break it. I smoothed it out the best I could afterwards.

Final product....I did the basic 2x4 collar, but instead of doing the latches to hold the door closed, I glued some strips of metal to the wood so the door would stay closed on its own (metal cutting skills with dremel aren't the best, but it's what I had). After the caulking cures (inside the fridge between 2x4 and fridge frame), I will paint the wood white to match inside.

Attachments

• 20180723_204842.jpg
    20180723_204842.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
  • 20180723_204850.jpg
    20180723_204850.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 172

Latest posts

Back