Fermentap Grain Gobbler opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Facinerous

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So a little while back I bought a lot of beer equipment which included the Fermentap Grain Gobbler. After giving it the look over it looks to have had little use so far, but I have yet to use it.

Over the past year I have always bought my grains from my LHBS, but on this occasion I chose to change it up a bit and went with some online grain sales. The reason for doing so was because my LHBS didn't have all the grains I needed for my recipe.

So I created this thread to see what peoples opinions are of the Grain Gobbler.

So if you have used one or just plain have an opinion. Let me have it... Please.

Well. For lack of popular response. I tried the silly thing out.

I had read a few reviews online about it. They were all bad. Like all the reviews say, the passive roller wants to stick constantly. With the drill running you can manually turn the bolt to the passive roller and it will happily reengage, but I couldn't get even 1/2 pound of grain through without the roller sticking. It was a constant battle to get 10 Lb of grain milled.

The crush did look pretty good though. Not to much flouring, and it seemed to have cracked all the grain as I would expect.

Would I recommend this to another brewer. No. For the price of $150, and the other products out there I don't believe this product is worth the price.

Latest posts

Back