What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
half_whit said:
Fruits of my first partial mash :) the "blinkin ale" IPA. For those of you who haven't watched Robin Hood men in tights... I'm guessing? I... Guess this is beer?

Oh Robin! You lost your arms in battle!
But you grew some nice boobs.

Great movie! :D

ForumRunner_20130412_205132.jpg

image-428086557.jpg

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown. A tiny little nightcap after HB coffee brown and HB hop bursted IPA all night.

Third times the charm... Great pic! Also from Minnesota, where ya get the KBS? Gotta get me some in the next couple of days..

Got it at Falls Liquor in mpls and they had a 1 bottle limit. Most places only received a case total and sold out within the first 3-4 hours, so you'll have a tough time finding it. Please share if you do!

Jealous. How was it?

I liked it, smelled like an IPA when the cork poped. Had a nice IPA bitterness blend right in to the brett character, followed by a short burst of hop flavor then back to the brett. Complex right in par with the seizon bretta from logsden with bitterness and hop aroma and very dry. (wish i could get the seizon bretta on peaches)Ill look for another if you like. Ive been goin in often tryin to get some dayman from stone

Edit: havnt had any brett only beers and only a few fermented with sach and bottled with brett.

chuckstout said:
I liked it, smelled like an IPA when the cork poped. Had a nice IPA bitterness blend right in to the brett character, followed by a short burst of hop flavor then back to the brett. Complex right in par with the seizon bretta from logsden with bitterness and hop aroma and very dry. (wish i could get the seizon bretta on peaches)Ill look for another if you like. Ive been goin in often tryin to get some dayman from stone

Edit: havnt had any brett only beers and only a few fermented with sach and bottled with brett.

I'd love that. Anchorage is probably my favorite brewery and I love 'west coast orvals' as I like to call Brett finished ipas.

Coffee well I get ready to transfer my rise and shine to keg never kegged before so I hope I get the carbonation right. Wish me luck :)

NIZZLE said:
Coffee well I get ready to transfer my rise and shine to keg never kegged before so I hope I get the carbonation right. Wish me luck :)

Kegging is great. Its not as hard as people seem to make it sound. And once its on co2 you cant really screw it up to the point you cant drink it.

Cheers

Kegging is great. Its not as hard as people seem to make it sound. And once its on co2 you cant really screw it up to the point you cant drink it.

Cheers

+1, I found a table that gives me the psi to set for certain temps online. Usually I set to 30 for 2 days then back it off to 10-12 and I'm fully carbed in 3-4 days @ 37ish degrees.

Wilco Tango Foxtrot and coffee. Not in the same glass, I keep switching back and forth. To much Sucks last night.

Sunny D to rehydrate after yesterday:

Last night I went to Hanger 24 and had:

Hanger 24 Double IPA
Hanger 24 Helles Lager
Hanger 24 Chocolate Porter
Hanger 24 Palmero Belgian Dubbel

Also picked up a growler filled with Double IPA

was at work by 4 AM. had 3/4 pot of coffee. boss told us we could leave whenever as long as we can get our missed hours in by next saturday. I left at 11:30. looks like a 60 week next week. having a coke now. I might pick up some OBC offerings in Spirit Lake, IA today.

Hangar 24 Double IPA. Very piney. Needs some more citrus for my taste, but not terrible.

Depends on the batch. I went there Monday and had a very piney IIPA which is the way I like it, but yesterday's batch straight from their tap was more citrusy. Great beer, but they don't seem to be consistent run to run.

Beer judging sucks. So many bad beers, so few good. Can't understand why anyone would think it was fun.

Beer judging sucks. So many bad beers, so few good. Can't understand why anyone would think it was fun.

because the bad ones make the good ones worth it. I'd need a bucket to judge. I'm a super mega lightweight. I mean, it only takes 7-8 American Barley Wines to get me buzzed.

TNGabe said:

The people entering their beers probably do not think they suck.

Probably happens in most judging of subjective matters of taste.

Another Sierra Nevada Torpedo. I've hammered about 20 of these in the last 3 weeks.

Some awful saison from wicked weed, deviant dale's, and NB/vivant bíere de garde.

Latest posts

Back