Fermax vs. Fermaid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheepcat

Reaction score
Hey all, new meadmaker here. I've made russ w.'s apple pie cyser, and looking to move on to some other recipes.

I've got a decent block of Fermax, but I see many recipes that call for fermaid k. Could someone help me understand the difference? Information is somewhat hard to come by. Thanks in advance! :D

I'm not a mead expert, so someone else may correct me. My understanding is that as long as your yeast nutrient does not contain urea it will be fine to use.

Look in to staggered nutrient additions if you haven't yet. This will make your mead ferment much quicker than one up-front addition.

Different products, aimed at same market.

Fermaidk is better mainly because Lallemand published vastly better product data, enabling you to be more concise with calcs and measurement.

Fermax will work, but how much to add ? If you're using nutrient and energiser, how much of which? So you don't use too much and spoil your batch etc......

Back