Ferm temp with my lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireManDan

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've had my first lager in the chamber now for 9 days. I have read before that the wort temperature is usually warmer than the ambient temperature. I have set my freezer accordingly to fermenting and then soon to lagering temps, but it just dawned on me that I actually may be running hotter. I'm concerned because I have only been monitoring ambient Chamber temperatures, am I screwed? Can someone with experience lend me some words of wisdom?

What yeast are you using and what is the temperature of the chamber? If it is done fermenting, the temperature shouldn't be too much higher than the ambient. I think you should be fine with whatever you set the temperature to.

-Jeff

WLP840 American Lager. I just bumped it up yesterday from 50 to 55. This morning I bumped it up to 60. My plan is to get it to 68 and let that rest for a day or so then cold crash it to lager get temps.

Latest posts

Back