Feedback on new eHERMS Plans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDDSlinger

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking to get some feed back on a new brewing rig. I have been brewing for a while with a 15 gallon stock pot on a bayou burner, small immersion chiller, and a 52QT cooler MLT with steel braid. I currently batch sparge. I am very happy with the consistency and efficiency of most of this setup. The biggest pain is the boil off rate of 2+ gallons a hour. Changes in weather and boil strength can cause swings in final volume. The next is the gravity fed nature requires more lifting then I like. Finally I would love to get back inside the house. I am in upstate NY and the weather can get crazy cold.

I can’t go back to the stove and I would like to go all electric. The only location that fits is my laundry room. I have a shelf across from the washer and dryer that is 40 inches wide. This should fit two 15 gallon pots if they are taller then wide. I can place the control panel on the dryer and the washer can temporarily hold the cooler. I don’t have the room for a third kettle and it would be a nice cost savings to stick with a two pot solution. I am looking at 15 gallon mega pot 1.2’s, a jaybird false bottom, a 50’ 1/2” stainless HEX coil, stainless chugger pumps, cam locks, and a 5500w element.

Below is the process i am looking at detailed. I would love to hear any feed back and suggestions from those with experience with these systems. Thanks every one for their time!

brew20-1.png

Back