Favorite "warm" beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaureywwc

Reaction score
Recently got into a discussion with a friend about drinking brews at room temperature. I know as American's this thought is often sickening, I have come to find I heavily enjoy Kona Brewing CO's Pipeline Porter at room temp ~68° F. I'm not sure, it has came to be one of my favorite "out of the store Porters". Anyone else enjoy something similar at room temperature or "warm"?

Old Speckled Hen is the only beer I drink warm with regularity because I like it that way. I like to let beer warm sometimes to taste it that way, but it's not my thing. Except Old Speckled Hen.

And yeah. Warm meaning not cold.

I drink most beers in the 50-60 range. The bigger the beer, the warmer I drink it, as a general rule. RISs and barley wines are often best around 60-65.

The first time I landed in the UK (four decades ago. Yikes!) and checked in to my inn I made the fatal/******* mistake of asking for a Guiness at the bar. Which was promptly pulled out from under the counter, tipped into a warm glass, and presented, with a half-dozen townies in observance.

It was awful. Just...awful.

But I finished it without wincing.
Still not sure who won, though...

Cheers! (Never again! ;) )

I drink most beers in the 50-60 range. The bigger the beer, the warmer I drink it, as a general rule. RISs and barley wines are often best around 60-65.

The stronger the beer, the warmer. Often the more flavorful the warmer too, but I do enjoy a nice cold one sometimes. Sometimes I like to start cold and enjoy the flavors as they change.

I do the same.

The stronger the beer, the warmer. Often the more flavorful the warmer too, but I do enjoy a nice cold one sometimes. Sometimes I like to start cold and enjoy the flavors as they change.

^This -- precisely!^ Exactly how I do it. Flavor profiles really change as a beer warms. I love that about big, complex beers!

Commercial Favorite near room temp: Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Homebrew Favorite (so far) near room temp: Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

Back