Favorite Style Of Music

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started this thread for a couple of reasons. One, it seemed that a lot of folks were pretty vocal about what they didn’t like. I was curious about what they actually did like. Second, I have pretty eclectic musical tastes. There are a few musical genres that I really don’t care for but, other than hip hop, contemporary bro country, and some classical, I can listen to almost anything without wanting to jump up and flee the room.

Left to my own devices I listen mostly to classic rock, classic country, the blues and big band/swing music. But, I can appreciate almost anything else, performed well.

60s/70s classic rock, mostly. It changes constantly. Right now I’m in a heavy Grateful Dead stage again. I’ve always been drawn to that mid-late 60s British rock though. I’m not sure I could function in a world without Pink Floyd or The Who, especially the latter’s Quadriphenia album.

But 90s rap is never far away for me either. But I think that’s the curse of growing up in that decade.

I don't limit myself to just one music genre, I like something from most available genres; though I tend to listen mostly to rock/metal/blues. I especially like music that blurs the line(s) between those.
Regards, GF.

while I don't limit myself much in styles, my current favourite genres are symphonic metal and folkmetal.
Bands such as Nightwish, Epica, Myrkur and a lot of russian folk metal

I won't dismiss anything but I gravitate toward talented performers. Nowadays I mostly listen to classic rock from the 60's and 70's. I like classical, blues, folk, and some 80's and 90's stuff. Given a choice I will stay away from most county music.

The last time I bought a CD it was The Killers.

rdj2.jpg

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I like "good" music from all genre. Trouble is I haven't heard very much I'd consider "good" in a while.

I do hear a lot of stuff that is 3 chords repeating for 3 minutes along with 3 lines of repeated lyrics.

I'm a metal head at heart.

But I love any good music. Any genre. Not much rap, but some is good.

I used to listen to a lot of country until it turned into, well, whatever that noise they call country is.

90's alt rock (Faith No More, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead in particular) and metal. I like almost everything except for indie and its related sub-genres.

As a younger guy, I recall over thirty-some years ago sitting down and switching on the TV hoping to catch a few minutes of Ronnie Montrose live. At the time Montrose was doing an on-stage duet with some old black man I'd never seen before.
That old man put me on the edge of my seat. He really was that good.
A few moments later Montrose simply became a distraction and I found who that old man really was. That's when I found blues music.

bb2.jpg

Last edited:
As a younger guy, I recall over thirty-some years ago sitting down and switching on the TV hoping to catch a few minutes of Ronnie Montrose live. At the time Montrose was doing an on-stage duet with some old black man I'd never seen before.
That old man put me on the edge of my seat. He really was that good.
A few moments later Montrose simply became a distraction and I found who that old man really was. That's when I found blues music.

View attachment 640204

Fan of Bobby "Blue" Bland too? His son is an old high school friend of mine and carried Lucille down Beale Street after B.B. passed.

Back