Favorite RIS recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demus

Reaction score
I'm sipping an Old Rasputin from North Coast brewing and quite enjoying it. I do think it could be improved on though, maybe a touch sweeter, a little creaminess from a pound of oats, something...
Anyone care to post your favorite, knock your socks off strong stout?

Yea looks great. Unfortunately my wife loves stouts but is a bit of a lightweight. I don't want to push her much over 9%...

My fave is mine now. I did his dark night and began looking for more roast to balance out the crystal malts. Then I basically removed all the crystal/caramel malt from my most recent batch. Its just base malt, Brown malt, black patent, and midnight wheat. Hopped to whatever with a buttload of what I have handy. Then aged around 10 months in the fermentator with brett and an additional 4 in the bottle. Newest batches get cracked at Christmas time.

<speachless> :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

When I recover from my stunned state of awe at that recipe, I'm going to start planning how I can brew it.
HUGE mash tun, HUGER starter (I used a yeast cake), and a lot of time.

Yea looks great. Unfortunately my wife loves stouts but is a bit of a lightweight. I don't want to push her much over 9%...

14% isn't that much over 9% :drunk:

The one in my dropdown is a winner. It's based pretty heavily on the recipe in Brewing Classic Styles.

HUGE mash tun, HUGER starter (I used a yeast cake), and a lot of time.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'd need to make 5 gallons of a stout with an OG of 1.070, just to get enough yeast to make 3 gallons of this. Yikes. :tank:

Latest posts

Back