Favorite part of brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best part is the beginning. The anticipation. Getting the supplies ready to go; scale on the counter, brewing salts beside it; thermometer within arm's reach; printed checklist (yeah, I like a printed copy, along with a pen) on the counter; whisk ready; begin to fill the kettle with distilled water. And so it begins.

I am a lover of all things brewing-related. I love designing beer recipes as much as I loved designing the specials when I was in restaurant work full-time. I love all the parts of the process in making it and getting it into the fermenter; the smells, tastes, and the feel of the crush, everything. I love cleaning up afterwards, just as I loved cleaning up after the rush was over at the restaurants. The whole process of resetting everything back to spec means that I can do it again, and again, and again....

What I find the most frustrating is that I cannot drink enough beer to empty out my supply so I can make more. I really like the process of making it.

I am a lover of all things brewing-related. . .

What I find the most frustrating is that I cannot drink enough beer to empty out my supply so I can make more. I really like the process of making it.

You need to get that brew pub started.:mug:

I am a lover of all things brewing-related. I love designing beer recipes as much as I loved designing the specials when I was in restaurant work full-time. I love all the parts of the process in making it and getting it into the fermenter; the smells, tastes, and the feel of the crush, everything. I love cleaning up afterwards, just as I loved cleaning up after the rush was over at the restaurants. The whole process of resetting everything back to spec means that I can do it again, and again, and again....

Here, lemme give you my address real quick. 😂

I'm like the OP....I like the smells. I brew a fair number of NEIPAs. For quite awhile, I really had no boil hops....maybe some the last 5 minutes, but mostly whirlpool and dry hop.

I started adding a small amount FWH for two reasons. One, I wanted a bit more bitterness, but I have to admin reason number two is a bit sketch: I just like the smell of boiling wort with hops!

I also live in SoCal and have the same problem. So I thought of suggesting that we meet and exchange brews, but that really wouldn't solve the problem, would it? :)

Anyway, I too enjoy pretty much everything about brew day -- including my nap during the mash or boil, and the hot scotchy I reward myself with afterward.

Back