Favorite Hop Pairing Survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogg44

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of posts here and other places asking for favorite hop combos. Often, those get repetitive responses and can be hard to tally up all of the answers.

I don't know if this has been done previously, but I made a Google Form that gives a hop variety and then has a list of other hops for you to choose your favorite other variety to pair with it.

This is intended to be flavor and/or aroma pairings (mid-to-late-boil, whirlpool, dry hop), not bittering.

Here's the link: Favorite Flavor/Aroma Hop Pairings

If there's enough participation, we can have some nice data with what people have found work well together. You only have to choose an answer for the hops you have experience with. You can skip the others. It should only take a few minutes for you to run through it.

This is definitely not comprehensive as far as varieties go, but I tried to include hops that I see come up often in hoppy recipes.

I'll post the results in a few days if this goes well.

Here's the link again: Favorite Flavor/Aroma Hop Pairings

Thanks for your help with this!

There were 16 responses to the survey from above. Here are all of the pairings that got three or more votes.

HOP PAIRING​
VOTES​
Cascade + Chinook​
7​
Chinook + Simcoe​
7​
Citra + Simcoe​
7​
Amarillo + Centennial​
5​
Azacca + Citra​
5​